Friday, July 30, 2010

A (not quite so) brief introduction

So I was going to write a proper introduction to this blog to 'set the scene' and whatnot but it's Friday afternoon, I'm in a bad mood and I can't really be arsed. So here are the basics:

1. I'm an English girl living, working and dating in New York.

2. I've never really been the biggest fan of the USA or the people in it. Why did I move here then you ask? I'm putting it down to a combination of post-university itchy feet and ADD.

3. I love beautiful men, having sex with beautiful men, and am not adverse to a beautiful woman here and there either. (This can probably also be attributed to my ADD).

4. I am unemotional. Having been coined 'Ice Queen' by not 1, not 2, but 3 separate men I have dated this has come to my attention as a bit of a 'thing'. My mother, instead of worrying about how men treat me in relationships worries for 'the poor men', telling me to "Be nice" and "Go easy on him...".

5. I now use the term 'dating' as a verb when referring to men I have fucked, which I did not previously do before living in NYC. Thank you America!

6. I am a receptionist. My boss is constantly unimpressed with my absolute failings at 'corporate' work attire (despite my best efforts) and I regularly get a ticking off. I will be posting regular outfit updates with comments as they arise.

7. I like book-ending certain words/sections with quotation marks, either to add emphasis or to hint at a difference in tone - notably sarcasm. Actually, 99% of the time it will be sarcasm. You may find this annoying or 'grammatically incorrect' but it's something I naturally do with my hands when talking so deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment